JAMES FE CENTRE APPROVAL
Centre Approval Overview:
Designed to provide support for students and staff, FE Centre Approval is a supportive process that assesses the quality and suitability of an FE Centre to meet industry needs. FE Centre Approval is available for centres for Level 3 NQF and below.
FE Centre Approval is valid for 3 years, at which point re-approval will be necessary and is available for both public and private sectors in the U.K. and internationally.
JAMES representatives are available to act as consultants on course design and delivery and to sit on validation panels
FE Centre Approval:
- Assures potential students of the value of the centre.
- Assists employers in judging which centres are relevant for recruitment.
- Allows the industry to focus support for education and training, including CPD.
- Enhances centres by enabling direct access to industry professionals.
JAMES FE Centre Approval is currently available for centres in any of the following:
Recording Technology and Application; Audio Post Production for Film, Animation and Television; Music Technology; Music Production; Live Sound; and Music Business Studies.
As part of our accreditation schemes, JAMES FE Centre Approval is recognised by Skillset, City and Guilds, Edexcel and other government organizations. JAMES members have been closely involved with City and Guilds and Edexcel in Qualification Development and in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The FE Centre Approval Process:
The criteria for FE Centre Approval has been set and agreed by the Directors of the organizations that make up JAMES, after consultation with their members, academics, working professionals and employers practicing in the industry.
- The college applies for FE Centre Approval and our approval team will assist the application process.
- Documentation is sent to JAMES.
- Two JAMES assessors will then visit and feed back to our approval committee.
- The approval panel will then review the feedback and a confidential report, including recommendations, will be collated.
- A starting date for the FE Centre Approval will be notified.
- From this date JAMES logos and other marketing materials can be used to promote the centre.
The JAMES trained assessors and the approval panel members are working professionals with the experience and knowledge to evaluate the industrial relevance of a course.
Full details of all costs involved, including reduced cost options for multiple Course Accreditation at the same visit, are available here.