JAMES HE COURSE ACCREDITATION
Designed to provide support for students and staff, HE Course Accreditation is a supportive process that assesses the quality and suitability of a specific HE course to meet industry needs. HE course accreditation is available for courses from Level 4 NQF upwards.
The industry members of APRS, MPG and UK Screen have combined their experience and expertise, with educators, to bring a concerted approach to this process.
Course Accreditation is valid for 3 years, at which point re-accreditation will be necessary and is available for both public and private sectors in the U.K. and internationally.
JAMES representatives are available to act as consultants on course design and delivery and to sit on validation panels
HE Course Accreditation:
- Assures potential students of the value of the course.
- Assists employers in judging which courses are relevant for recruitment.
- Allows the industry to focus support for education and training, including CPD.
- Enhances courses by enabling direct access to industry professionals.
JAMES Course Accreditation is currently available for courses in any of the following:
Recording Technology and Application; Audio Post Production for Film, Animation and Television; Music Technology; Music Production; Live Sound; and Music Business Studies.
JAMES Course Accreditation is recognised by Skillset, City and Guilds, Edexcel and other government organizations. JAMES members have been closely involved with City and Guilds and Edexcel in Qualification Development and in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The Course Accreditation Process:
- The University or college apply for course accreditation and our accreditation team will assist the application process.
- Documentation is sent to JAMES.
- Two JAMES assessors will then visit and feed back to our accreditation committee.
- The accreditation panel will then review the feedback and a confidential report, including recommendations, will be collated.
- A starting date for the Course Accreditation will be notified.
- From this date JAMES logos and other marketing materials can be used to promote the course.
The JAMES trained assessors and the accreditation panel members are working professionals with the experience and knowledge to evaluate the industrial relevance of a course.
Full details of all costs involved, including reduced cost options for multiple Course Accreditation at the same visit, are available here.